Public Service For All
The ATS strongly encourages our membership to "give back" to the communities that they find themselves in, each according to their own gifts and
tallents. There are a number of good service groups, websites, and
organizations that are worth looking into to find one's own niche. Some of
- Organizations needing educated staff
- Charities constantly in need of funds
- The The American Red Cross empowers ordinary people to perform extraordinary acts in
emergency situations. We train. We mobilize. We connect donors
and volunteers to those in urgent need of a helping hand.
Whether it is a hurricane or a heart attack; a call for blood or
a call for help, the American Red Cross is there.
- The church or faith based organization of your choice.
- With the right skills, you can give back for all you have received.
- For those with a desire to help build things,
Habitat for Humanity seeks to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness, from the
world and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and
- For amateur (ham) radio operators,
The Amateur Radio Emergency Service needs you to assist in times of disaster with radio communication.
For a more indepth look at this, please
Additionally, there are a number of things that the ATS encourages all members of
society to do to assist our world, nation, state, county, city and family.
- Get educated about how our community reacts to and deals with emergencies.
- Build a safety kit with
which you can help yourself in the case of an emergency.
- Keep yourself out of debt. Its never too early to start a budget and set something
back for a financial emergency. It is seldom a case of "if," but rather "when."